Variant of Mirai botnet used to target financial sector in January

Full Article :

BetaNews -

Researchers at Recorded Future believe that a Mirai botnet variant, possibly linked to the IoTroop or Reaper botnet, was utilized in attacks on at least one company, and probably more, in the financial sector in late January of this year. The botnet targeted one company using at least 13,000 devices, each with a unique IP address, and generated traffic volumes up to 30Gb/s. Recorded Future’s Insikt Group of researchers found the attack was 80 percent comprised of compromised MikroTik routers, with the remaining 20 percent composed of various IoT devices including other routers, webcams, TVs, and DVRs. The report’s authors…

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: